Spring 2023 SBLL Season FAQs
When does the season start?
Practices start in late January or early February (depending on division and team). Opening Day (when games start) will be late February or early Marcy 2023. The season will end in mid-May, with play-offs for draft divisions in mid-late May, and All-Stars (for AAA and Majors only) continuing after that.
Where are the games and practices?
- Juniors - TBD (games will NOT be in Solana Beach)
- Majors: Skyline or Solana Vista Elementary
- AAA: Skyline, CDC, or Solana Vista
- AA: CDC (off Cedros, across from train station)
- A and T-Ball: CDC, Skyline, Solana Vista, or Solana Ranch Elementary
What division should my player be in? (See "Divisions" tab on Home page for additional detail)
- Juniors: League ages 13-14; plays on 60'6"/90' field.
- Majors: Player pitch, highest level of play for non-Juniors (usually ages 10 to 12).
- AAA: Player pitch with at least 1-year worth of AA experience (usually ages 9 to 11).
- AA: Player pitch with at least 1-year worth of A experience (usually ages 8 to 10).
- A Gold: Machine pitch (some experience). (Usually ages 7-9)
- A Silver: Catapult or coach pitch (T-Ball recommended but not necessary if child is on the older side). Usually ages 5-7.
- T-Ball: First level of play, usually ages 4-6. No experience necessary.
When will practices be?
That is up to your coach as well as dependent on field availability. Draft division teams practice usually twice per week during pre-season and once per week once games begin. Non-draft divisions (A and T-ball) usually practice once per week. Please note that almost all teams practice at least part of the season on Sundays due to games being held during the week and on Saturdays.
When will I hear from my coach?
Drafts and team assignments will be in mid-late January (after tryouts). Managers will begin contacting players soon thereafter. If you haven’t heard from your coach by February 15h 2023, please email
How can I volunteer to coach/manage?
Send an email to
with the subject “Coach volunteer.” Indicate what division your player is in. You can also request to be a Manager or Coach during the online registration.
Can I request a friend?
For the lower divisions (A and T-Ball), absolutely. For the draft divisions (Majors, AAA, and AA), no.
Can I request a coach?
For the lower divisions (A and T-Ball), yes. For the draft divisions (Majors, AAA, and AA), no. You can also let a particular coach know you are interested in being on his/her team.
How much does it cost?
Prices will be announced when registration opens in the fall. Last year's prices were $250 for A-Juniors and $195 for TBall.
What equipment do I need?
SBLL will provide jerseys, hats, and socks. You will need to get your player a baseball glove, cleats, and baseball pants (pants color will be determined by the coach). You may also want to get a baseball belt, batting helmet, and bat for your player, but that equipment is optional (team helmets and bats will be available to share).
Are there playoffs?
A and T-Ball divisions do not keep score and do not have playoffs. All other divisions have playoffs and a championship game after the regular season.
What other volunteers are needed?
You may volunteer as an individual or as a family – for a few hours, or for the season. If you are interested, please email
- FENCE RAISING VOLUNTEERS
- OPENING DAY VOLUNTEERS
- TEAM PARENTS
- SNACK SHACK FAMILY VOLUNTEERS
Thank you! If you have any other questions, please email